Monday, April 19, 2010

Fo0D!!!

Only now i am updating my blog
last week was my holiday
didn't do much but spend 5 out of 7 days in my grandparents place in KEDAH

went there straight on monday with my mum
after registering for my degree in taylors
L-O-N-G journey
sleep most of the way
but but but
the most exciting part is that i GET TO DRIVE
i help mum drove but only for a short distance
from GURUN to KEDAH
it took 1 hour ++ i think
i drove my mum's precious baby - NISSAN CEFIRO 
DAMN!!! i am so not used to it man
driving a big car
it makes me feel so small and i wonder how people drives their 4-wheel drive or the mercedes man
but the experience is so damn nice
if i got the chance
i will definitely DRIVE it again

anyways
the whole 5 days i was in kedah
i did nothing but eat sleep play watch tv and the list goes on and on
i wake up early in the morning to accompany my mum to the market
thats where i starts to demand what i want to eat for the day
i don't think you guys will know this but those from northen region will know i guess

1. APOM, its a kind of pancake only sells in northen region, as in ORIGINAL form


2. 卤面..i think also only sold in northen region only..its a think dark coloured soup noodle
so far this is my favouriteeee noodle of all time, i grew up eating this noodle, plus its cheap to the max!! only RM 2.20 for a bowl

3. KUIH-MUIH, haha, the kuih in kedah are mmmm-mmmm..damn nice!!
well, all i can say is that i am very  happy actually that i was born there, and i can really see that you know everyone there..haha, the people in the market was like saying to my mum, ''wah, you come back ady ah" or " wah, your daughter so big liao ah"..haha, everyone knows everybody here..

yeah, although its a little bit slow in progress or what we call not maju in malay, but still if you know where to find the food, it can really be a nice place to eat, but not as nice as Penang though..hehehehe

鸡丝面 in Kedah too, 1 of my favourite in Kedah..okok, these are a few of my favourite kuih that i will definitely eat whenever i am there
 
Mua chi

Glutinous rice flavoured with a type of blue colour flower eat with kaya, another of my favouriteeeee

haha, ang ku kuihhh

and and and..the kuih talam there is not the bit same with other i had tried
 its a kind baked kuih of tapioca, don't really know the real name..The kuih is yellow in colour, from the tapioca but has a dark brown crust at the top caused by the baking process.
but mum wont let me have this, she says the colour is now not natural anymore, they use colouringggg..=(


"chai tao kuih" in hokkien, a.k.a yam cake
my mum all time favouriteeeee, must buy this alsoooo whenever or wherever we areee

er..don't know what is this call but the filing is melted brown sugerrrrrr
NICEEEE..=)

1 comment:

C.Kiddo said...

tht green thing is call 'onde onde'...